Navigating the Legal Currentsof the Emerging Offshore Wind Markets
Оffshore wind energy in the Black Sea would serve as a cornerstone for nations striving to achieve ambitious energy transition objectives. The cornerstone of this journey is establishing a robust legal framework, a prerequisite for the region’s decarbonization efforts and the reduction of reliance on fossil fuels. Simultaneously, the European Commission has taken swift action, unveiling its Wind Power Action Plan and Communication on offshore renewable energy.
This workshop on 24 November 2023, 10:00 – 11:30 am EET, will dissect the anticipated impact of these policy initiatives on national permitting and auction design for offshore wind power plants. Join us to explore best practices in aligning offshore wind legislation and gain insights into the forthcoming legislative landscape in Romania and Bulgaria. Don’t miss this opportunity to stay at the forefront of the evolving offshore wind energy sector.
You can find the agenda here. The list of speakers include:
- Martin Vladimirov, Director, Energy and Climate Program, Center for the Study of Democracy
- Radoslav Ribarski, Deputy Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee on Energy, National Assembly of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Dr. Vasil Stoynov, Policy and Legal Officer, Renewables and Energy System Integration Policy, DG ENER, European Commission
- Ivan Pineda, Director for Innovation, WindEurope
- Tõnn Tuvikene, ELWIND Project Manager
- Dr. Mariya Trifonova, Senior Researcher, Energy and Climate Program, Center for the Study of Democracy
- Oana-Alexandra Ijdelea, Managing Partner of Ijdelea & Associates
- Mihai Constantin, Senior Researcher, Energy Policy Group
To learn more about EUKI project ‘BLUECEE – Strengthening Policy and Governance Capacity for Blue Energy in Central and Eastern Europe’, please click here. For more information on the event, please check Facebook and LinkedIn.
|Welcome coffee and registration
|Dr. Vasil Stoynov
|A new European wind energy plan: Permitting and auction design
|Alignment on legal and regulatory issues in cross-border projects
|Regulatory frameworks for offshore wind energy in emerging CEE markets
|Dr. Mariya Trifonova
|Creating the regulatory basis for offshore wind energy investments in the Black Sea
|Moderator: Mihai Constantin